When more people know, more people are looking.
MissingKidsALERT is a public notification service designed to provide critical information in the search for missing children. Through this service, Canadians (individuals or organizations) can quickly and easily sign-up to receive missing child alerts through a variety of electronic platforms.
MissingKidsALERT is a service offered by MissingKids.ca – Canada’s missing children resource and response centre. When a child is missing, one person can make all the difference. In order to protect children, Canadians need to get involved and sign-up – become part of the search for missing children.
The MissingKidsALERT service:
- Provides information on a broad spectrum of missing child cases in which public notification and assistance has been deemed valuable.
- Facilitates the establishment of a network of individuals, organizations and businesses who have signed-up to receive notification in the event of a missing child in their region.
- Utilizes new and evolving technologies to engage the Canadian public in the search for a missing child.
- Is a targeted and precise notification service, coordinated by the Canadian Centre for Child Protection.
- Compliments existing provincial Amber Alert systems. While the MissingKidsALERT does not replace Amber Alert, it can be used in conjunction with those cases that meet the Amber Alert criteria. It can also be used in cases which fall outside of the Amber Alert protocol.
1 in 6 missing children is located as a direct result of someone recognizing them from a photo.
By signing up to receive alerts from the MissingKidsALERT service, you will:
- Receive critical information to help in the search for a missing child in your community.
- Receive alerts which are specific to your area and in the electronic method that best suits your needs, such as email or fax. You can also connect with us on Facebook or Twitter to be notified of missing children cases.